Friday, June 27, 2008

"Giant"

I remember - many years ago I had a friend when I was living in New Mexico who started calling me "Giant" - really out of a clear blue sky. She had never called me that before but she started calling me that.

One day we were going for a walk out on this dirt road - of which there were many then where I was living and we talked about this and that and at one point I asked her, "How come you started calling me giant?" She was quiet for a long time and then she said, "Well you know...once I saw you - you were really really tall. I mean taller than you normally are."

I didn't know what to say because physically speaking she was a lot shorter than I was and so there was another long pause and I said, " You mean taller than I normally am?" She said, "Oh yes - very much so" and I said, "Oh."

Well I realize that's not much of a story but when you couple it with this and this then you have something to think about.

It's a curious thing that seems to be displayed by me sometimes. I've mentioned it in the other posts and I'm just adding it here as a curiosity for you.

Goodlife.

No comments: