Saturday, June 14, 2008

Unexpected Adventures

I had to laugh when reading about Louis' porch sliding adventure and then slightly blood-curdling events that followed it. Still...it reminded me of my own adventure that I had completely forgotten.

Once when I was a youngster I remember walking the distance, oh maybe it was about half a mile, from my house to the theatre that we would go to as kids. They always had a great feature for us on Saturday - usually two shoot-'em-up action movies or stories about animals or horses and cartoons and also a serial - you remember those - serials?

I remember this one was a particularly fun day. It was wintertime and coming out of the theatre and starting for home with my friend another kid that I didn't know was mad at me for no reason that I can remember and charged at me.

Perhaps from the excitement of the movies I demonstrated marshal arts which I didn't know then at all and don't know much more about now. The next thing I knew this youngster, wearing a snowsuit I think or something that looked like it, was flying over my hip and sailing along the ice until he bumped up into a car parked in a driveway.

He wasn't hurt and he got up and ran over to me and I thought we were going to have to duke it out but he ran over to me and said, "How did you do that? I want to learn how to do that" and I suppressed a comment that I want to learn how to do that too and we had kind of a brief friendship there. He took it well I'd have to say.

Anyway, I was reminded of this by reading about Louis' unexpected adventure on his porch as a youngster. Just thought I'd pass that on to you. It was a funny and unexpected adventure for me as well.

Goodlife.

2 comments:

Louis Hart said...

Hi Robert,

When I get to thinking about some of the situations I found myself in throughout the years I sometimes marvel that I am still in this body. It certainly proves to me that I had unseen protection. At times a lot of it.

Goodlife.

Robert Shapiro said...

Sometimes seen and sometimes unseen eh my friend.

Goodlife.