Wednesday, June 21, 2023

My Favorite Vehicle


 I’ve traveled on a lot of different types of vehicles in my life so far but my favorite one of all was an electric streetcar in the town where I grew up.

The streetcar was very quiet on the outside and the inside too. Perhaps because it was so quiet people on it were also very quiet and if talking was necessary you spoke very quietly.I remember the parents or older brothers or sisters shushing the young children. I got shushed the first time I rode as well.


The only sound I recall that broke the silence was the little ding from the cord you pulled to let the driver know you wanted to get out at the next stop.


I think streetcars still exist some places. I wonder if they are as quiet on the inside as ours was.


I wish you all some happy times and maybe a little quiet as well if you’d like it. Goodlife

No comments: